Carlene and I have moved home and we initially had some difficulties in getting our internet connected. We have also been so busy: unpacking multitudes of boxes, preparing to attend one of our daughter’s wedding in Victoria, and wondering how we can simultaneously manage to be nearby (if not present) when another daughter (in Queensland) gives birth to our ninth grandchild! And, adding to the mix, I have been given a (temporary) promotion at work for four weeks ... !!
There doesn’t seem to have been much (any!) time to have been able to attend to emails, keep this web-page-come-blog up to date, collect a pile of comics Philip Bentley is sure to have sent (no, I have not even had time to go to my PO Box to check any incoming mail!)...
Anyway, I can’t stand my life being static! So to add to my personal levels of stress, I am making an offer here without fanfare to whoever reads this and responds to it...
I am offering to publish a comic book writer/artist’s works (whether new – which would be my preference – or reprinted) with the following limitations:
1. The copyright has to be owned by you (and will remain yours),
2. All original stories/artwork will remain owned by the creative personnel behind the project (i.e. yours)
3. It must be in black and white,
4. Art page size must be limited to 14 cms (width) x 20 cms (depth)
5. It must be a story, or a collection of stories, that run for at least 80 pages in total,
6. It must have an Australian slant somehow, although something with a world-wide appeal is still welcome (i.e.
Science Fiction, Horror),
7. It will not be censored by myself in any way, and,
8. Financial remuneration will be 50:50 of all sales (less any costs) following publication
Deadline for this offer is last mail November 30th; and that does not mean that I expect a completed project. Some example pages or a synopsis of the completed project will be satisfactory. Submissions can only be done by mail to the Comicoz Address:
PO Box 187
MARGATE BEACH 4019
If you need more details or need some clarity to the above, please email me at: email@example.com
....although I cannot guarantee I shall respond promptly (due to reasons listed earlier)...
Incidentally, Rob Feldman’s work is progressing nicely....Or so I am told! I have chosen not to view the works until it is completed....